(in association with the Uckfield Festival)
- Poulenc: Trio for oboe, bassoon and piano
- Edouard Destenay: Trio oboe, clarinet and piano)
- Mikhail Glinka: Trio Pathetique (clarinet, bassoon and piano)
- Madeline Dring: Trio for oboe, bassoon and piano
- Florent Scmitt: Tour D’anches (oboe, clarinet, bassoon and piano)
This vibrant young trio already have established individual solo and chamber careers and between them have played for all the country’s major orchestras and concert halls. Dedicated explorers of the reed trio repertoire, on this occasion they will be joined by a pianist and will offer a wonderful variety of music for various combinations.
Trio Volant are involved with the pioneering arts and health projects Music in Hospitals, Superact, Music Unlimited and Jessie’s Fund and have emerged as the natural ambassadors for the new arts and health Creative Inspiration initiative in Shropshire. They are a Member of Yehudi Menuhin’s Live Music Now Scheme.
The Trio were awarded the Dorothy Parkinson Memorial Award for Young British Musicians 2017 and are currently Recommended and Selected Artists for Making Music 2019-2020.
“The word “volant” means flying, and this Trio flew through their repertoire with agility, virtuosic aerobatics and a variety of moods.” Huddersfield Daily Examiner